Buy your next Irish van direct from the UK with UK Van Imports.
We now offer trade prices to our retail customers as well as our trade partners.
Using our trade accounts and our team you can bid for and buy your van in the UK at trade prices.
Our unique service provides more information on each vehicle than traditional van sales retailers and alot of choice at the lowest prices.
Our Warranty is your guarantee
We offer total transparency with hard copy auction receipts and an option to view a recording of the live auction on request!
Buying with UK Van Imports
Step 1: The Details
You can view our available commercial vehicles for sale here all vehicles advertised are physically located in the UK and are due to be sold at auction in the UK in the coming days and weeks
- The price advertised includes the auction price only EXCLUDING VAT. VAT at 20% is due on the prices advertised. VAT must be paid with the auction purchase and maybe reclaimed by VAT registered businesses on evidence of export from the UK.
- Check the Auction Date first, the auction date is located beside the price in the vehicle list. If the auction day is today then its too late!
- We can accommodate a bid on vans going to auction as early as tomorrow.
- Review the condition and/or mechanical reports on each car to see the quality on offer. We can provide links to video inspections where available.
- If you require an advanced inspection, you can book one of our professionals for €200 to provide a report to help you decide.
- We provide a free inspection report covering the vehicle information in the mechanical and condition reports making sure you understand the relevance and any potential costs of each item identified, click on ‘Request more Information’ and we will respond with all the vehicle details. Our experience will help you to make the best decision.
- We provide a cost price car transporter service to Dublin for as little as €400, vehicles with roof racks or location in London may carry a slightly higher transport cost.
- To help in the process, we will confirm the VRT due, typically €200 on a 3 seater panel van, though registration of the vehicle in Ireland and payment of VRT will be your own responsibility.
- We can provide VRT registration services for €99.This will include an accurate estimate of VRT due for example Crew Cab 5 seaters pay a much higher amount of VRT than 3 seater commercial vans.
There is no charge for bidding* should the van go above budget, only pay our margin fee of €295 following a successful bid.
*Bidding – in order to bid for a vehicle, we do require the budget to match ‘book’ value at least. ‘Book’ value is the price advertised on our database for the van in euro. Not forgetting that 20% VAT is due on-top of the auction price.
- If you do wish to bid below ‘book’ value we can process the bid for you for a small fee of €10 a bid.
Our auction buyer fee of €295 is due in the event of a successful bid. We can provide a recording of each bid to ensure full transparency.
Step 2: Making a Decision
Prices are based on established and predictable UK book prices, however, fluctuations do occur, to secure an auction purchase, a reserve is always advisable to account for such variations in the auction price.
‘Book’ value works well for high volume vans, it can be ‘off’ for higher value, bespoke vehicles.
- On the ‘up’ side auction prices can come in lower than ‘Book’.
- Our auction moto is to Plan for the worst and hope for the best!
- Our Auction Buyer Service ensures you keep any savings!
Whatever the price, we never bid above the budget you have set. We will forward the auction house invoice and you will only pay the amount on the invoice. An independent hard copy of the invoice is provided with the car by the auction house providing total transparency. We also can provide a link to a recording of the online purchase on request in advance.
We can try and bid on as many cars as you like with a given budget, for free, once its at least equal to book price listed on our site
Your confirmation to purchase in advance of bidding will confirm that you are happy with the condition/mechanical/video appraisals and/or the inspection report provided by a member of our team.
Step 3: Making a Bid
One of our team will complete the bidding online, where an inspection has been arranged then the inspector will complete the bidding in the auction hall.
- Make a deposit of €1,000 to bid, a €2,000 deposit maybe required for high value vehicles, we will let you know if the greater deposit is required in advance of bidding.
- Confirm your budget by email including any reserve you wish to include.
- Our fee of €295 is only due in the event of a successful bid.
- Once a successful bid is made, we will send you the Auction House Invoice.
- You will need to complete payment to the auction house on that day, not forgetting it takes 2-3 days to clear in a UK bank.
- Late payment, beyond 3 days, may incur storage charges of upto €30 per day from the auction house.
- The car cannot be collected before payment clears.
Your deposit, will be returned, minus our fee and the cost of the transport if requested. Once payment is made in reasonable time there will be no storage charges. Storage charges would be taken from the deposit if they arise.
There is no charge for an unsuccessful bid as mentioned above.
Step 4: Optional Extra’s
- Bidding at or above ‘book’ value is free of charge in the event of an unsuccessful bid. We can facilitate bidding below ‘book’ value for €10 a bid.
- We can provide recordings of the live online bidding process for each van you decide to bid on, on request, providing total transparency.
- We can provide a professional onsite van inspection report for €200.
- Our comprehensive 12 month warranty policy is available from €295.
- Transport by van transporter to Dublin costs from €400.
- We can complete VRT registration for €99.
Why Buy with us?
Buying ‘online’ is a new way to access greater choice and prices.
- Our prices are better than even the cheapest retail vans in the UK or Ireland. And rather than one option at the lowest price, our service offers many options at that price. You are buying from the place that UK and Irish dealers buy their stock.
- Our service covers the UK so you don’t have to, saving you time and avoiding the stress.
- No other company offers as much information about the condition and mechanics of their vans. There are no hidden surprises with our vehicles
- We offer our authorised dealer backed warranty that means you can buy from the UK and have all the benefits of an Irish dealer to stand over the vehicle in case of an issue.
- We offer fully insured transport from the UK, helping you save time and hassle getting insured and taxed for the journey home and protecting your investment.
- We can help ensure you have the correct VRT calculation, getting that wrong can be a big mistake.
- We can register the van for you and give money saving guidance around the whole VRT process
- Our inspectors have over 70 years experience buying vans at auction between them, they will save you the trip to the UK and give you a more informed opinion than you could provide yourself!
- With our guidance on auction information you can make the smartest possible investment in a used van from the UK with all the advantages of buying one at home but with a significant saving
- Quality is even more important than simply being cheap, we offer the best quality at the lowest prices. Used van retailers in Ireland or the UK simply don’t want to give you the prices and information we offer.
Get looking now by clicking on the button below to ‘View our Vans and Cars‘ and save yourself time and money!